My little family!

My little family!

Monday, May 23, 2011

37 weeks!

WE MADE IT!!!!!

I'm so thrilled to report we now have a full term peanut... while it's ideal for her to cook for another 2-3 weeks, she is considered full term. This means that she can come at anytime and (we pray) would be healthy and happy and big!!

We had our regular doctor's appointment last Tuesday - as of now, I'm not dilated at all but the baby is COMPLETELY head down and low. The rest of the appointment was good - my blood pressure is still normal (100/70) and my swelling is normal. The baby's heart rate was great as well.

Last Wednesday, we met with the Rabbi who will be performing our baby naming -- she was AMAZING! Our dear friend, Derek, introduced us to her and I'm so glad he did - she completely understood our vision for the baby naming and we're looking forward to giving Layla her Hebrew name. She will be named after my Aunt Anna (my Mom-Mom Rose's sister) and Josh's great-grandmother, Caroline. We are doing two baby naming ceremonies (one up here on July 3rd at our house and one in Florida in August) - I'm so excited!!

Josh left for Florida on Thursday - I was so nervous I would go into labor all weekend, but alas...my fears were silly.

On Friday, I had my ultrasound. My mom came with me and it was so great to see my peanut again. She looked fabulous and grew so much -- according to the ultrasound, she now weighs 6 pounds, 11 ounces!!! (Exactly 2 pounds more then 4 weeks ago!) They say, on average, the baby grows 1/2 pound per week so I'm expecting a 7 pound, 11 ounce peanut but we shall see! The ultrasound itself was a bit frustrating -- once again, she was in a position too low and the technician couldn't determine if my placenta previa had recovered. End result? We will be moving forward with our June 6th scheduled C-Section!! (TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!) We meet tomorrow with Dr. Ruiz who will be doing my surgery. I'm  very excited and beyond ready! I've been reading a bunch about C-Sections, breastfeeding, etc and I finally feel (somewhat) prepared!! This is also my last week of in-office working -- I will be working from home all next week, then I'm done!! Looking forward to maternity leave and meeting our girl <3


My brother Matt & I took this picture to show how far along we are! ;)






37 weeks!!


•How far along?: 37 weeks. FULL TERM BABY!!!!!!     

•How big is baby?: The baby is now the size of a WATERMELON!!!!! I've been so excited to reach the watermelon stage, haha! ;) 

•Weight gain: I gained 3.8 pounds. On one week. How is that possible? I have no idea. I think it's water weight and I'm just going with that. I'm up 48 pounds and will NOT be sad to have these weigh-ins over and done with!! Only 2 more to go!!!

Maternity clothes?: I dream of wearing non-maternity...haha.


.•Sleep?:  Bad weekend, sleep wise :( I slept at my mama's house on Friday and my sister's house on Saturday because Josh was in Florida..the pain in the middle of the night is really intense and I think I slept for a total of 2-3 hours both nights. Last night, back in my own bed, I slept a bit better (thanks to my snoogle) but overall, sleep isn't happening.
   

•Food cravings?: My most recent discovery...decaf mocha iced coffee with cream and splenda from Dunkin Donuts. I literally wake up thinking about it.    

•Gender?: Girl.  

•Stretch marks?: I thought I found one and cried (hahaha) but it went away! Just a scratch I guess?!! Still stretch mark free (KNOCK ON WOOD!)


•Movement?: Movement all day. She is REALLY far down so the movements are different. And hiccups at least once a day!

•Labor signs?: Braxton hicks but otherwise none..but any day, she could be here!!! :) 


Belly button in or out?: Popped-ish. 

•What I miss: Sleep and losing weight versus gaining...and pain free days/nights.


•Milestone: Our amazing girl is now full term and is welcome to show us her beautiful face any day!! I'm so proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment