My little family!

My little family!

Monday, April 4, 2011

75% cooked.. ahhh!



Stool  - a gift from Aunt Jaime <3 SO beautiful. (And the official announcement of LJE's name on the blog!)

SO... here we are. Week 30.
A huge and exciting and scary and crazy week to reach.
So much to write, where to begin??

Doctor's Appointment - Last week, I had my bi-weekly regular doctor's appointment. The baby is measuring great, her rate rate was a solid 158 and overall my doctor was very happy with my progress. I also found out some interesting (exciting??) news -- due to my placenta previa, she felt we were on track for a Cesarean section at week 38. That's right, folks. It's looking like I will be skipping the "MY WATER BROKE!" part of baby world and heading straight to surgery. I came to terms with this about 8 weeks ago and I'm realizing now that this will be what's best for both LJE and I. My doctor is allowing me to have one more ultrasound scheduled for 4/20 (2 weeks from Wednesday) and if the placenta hasn't moved, I'll be scheduling my day. I'm shooting for June 1st. In case you were keeping track - that's 8 weeks from now. Just typing that makes me giddy.

Visitors - This past weekend, we were lucky enough to have Josh's parents come visiting. We had a fantastic weekend with them -- they helped us with unpacking, organizing and making our new house really comfortable. Josh's dad painted the nursery a perfect shade of pink - it looks stunning. He did an incredible job - it's better then I could have ever done. Saturday, during the baby shower, Josh & his dad put together the crib, changing table & stroller. It all looks SO good. We spent the morning yesterday putting the bedding in the mattress, it's perfect!! Thank you Lisa & Levi for an incredible weekend and we can't wait to have you back again in 8 weeks!


Where the lady sleeps.... ;)

Baby Shower - On Saturday, my sister hosted the baby shower at her house - it was beyond perfection. Pink & brown balloons and decorations everywhere (the color of the nursery), incredible food and most importantly, all the special women in my life. I was blown away by the love I felt that day -- I can't say it enough. We received so many beautiful and wonderful gifts -- we're so very lucky. I spent Sunday afternoon organizing everything and I can't wait for the little lady to be here... she will be the BEST dressed newborn!! Thank you ladies for a perfect day.


Excited for gifts, much??



House - It's coming together so nice!! We still have a lot more to do -- but I'm pleasantly surprised at how far we've come in just 10 short days!! Our fridge is getting delivered sometime this morning (thanks for waiting for it, Daddy!) - we have the automatic garage door opener being installed this week, we still need a storm door and about a million other things, but overall.... I'm in love with where we live. It's pretty fantastic.

SO... that's that. In a nutshell, life is amazing. I'm so lucky and feel so loved.  I have the best husband that supports me, rubs my feet, and puts up with my insanity. (We celebrate our 1 year anniversary this month!) We have families that love us and would do anything for us. My best friends are my rock -- they are there for me when I need them the most. I can't say it enough -- we are blessed.

30 weeks and feeling the size of Kentucky.


•How far along?: 30 weeks. Doesn't seem real.   

•How big is baby?: At my last ultrasound, the baby weighed 2 pounds, 12 ounces. Per all the websites, the baby didn't grow too much in the past week - she should be around 3 pounds and between 14 to 17 inches (about the size of a Yorkshire terrier, lol).  

•Weight gain: I gained 1.4 pounds last week. I'm up 32.8 pounds. Despite how amazing this is and how happy I am, I hate gaining weight and it's really taking it's toll. I feel huge.  I can't wait to lose this weight.   

Maternity clothes?: All maternity, all the time.  


.•Sleep?:  Insomnia.     

•Food cravings?: Last night for dinner, I had pineapple chunks, activia yogurt and 3 scoops of peanut butter. What a weirdo.   

•Gender?: If she is not a girl, we're got problems...haha -- pink, pink, pink everywhere! :)   

•Stretch marks?: Not yet...


•Movement?: Tons of movement. My favorite.    

•Labor signs?: No.. keep baking honey bunch. 


Belly button in or out?: In but raised -- I can't believe it hasn't fully popped yet. 

•What I miss: NOTHING - I mean, yes... it sucks how sick I feel sometimes and how much my body hurts and how exhausted I am... but these moments of fixing up her nursery or chatting about what she'll look like are so special, I want to remember them forever.

•Milestone: We are now 75% there -- this is amazing. With each passing week, LJE is growing bigger and stronger and ready for the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. Stefanie ferraroApril 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM

    pick june 4th....that's the best birthday date ever!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-C! The bedding is so cute!! Getting so excited for you both. 8 weeks is really going to move quickly until the last 3 or so lol. trust me!

    ReplyDelete