My little family!

My little family!

Monday, March 14, 2011

3rd trimester!!

I can't believe it.
Here we are, the 3rd trimester.
Didn't I just take the pregnancy test? Wasn't I just crying in bed from severe nausea during the 1st trimester? Wasn't I just saying that June seemed like a lifetime away?
...and now, I'm writing in disbelief at the fact that I'm entering the last part of this amazing experience.

Last week, I had my glucose screening test. It wasn't too bad! I had to drink 50 grams of the sugar drink (it tasted like flat, orange soda) -- wait an hour, then have my blood drawn. I was nervous to fail because I did not want to have to take the 3 hour test - but low and behold, I PASSED! I was also told I'm anemic so I've been taking iron pills everyday to help with that.

I have my regular doctor appointment on Wednesday, always love those - hearing the heartbeat is the best! After this week, I'll start to go every 2 weeks (instead of 4) -- it's all happening so fast!

Thursday, we leave for Fort Lauderdale and Miami to celebrate the wedding of two our favorite people... Laura & Clay. Laura & I were random roommates our freshman year of college at UCF and within 2 weeks, we were inseparable. We ended up living together all 4 years of college and she is one of my favorite people in the world. Josh & I started dating in November of 2002.. by the following summer, Laura & Clay were together as well. (Josh & Clay are fraternity brothers and also best friends) -- eventually, Josh & Clay got an apartment together. It was perfect - I miss those days immensely! Now, here we are... the week of their wedding and we couldn't be happier for a more beautiful couple! It should be a fabulous weekend and I can't wait to get on that plane!!

Things with the house are exciting -- we are about 90% finished packing. We close on the new house March 23rd, movers scheduled March 26th, close on our old house March 30th - AH! So much going on -- a fabulous and exciting time.

Have a great week everyone - and remember, if you want to donate to the relief efforts in Japan - head to http://www.redcross.org/!


The other side of the belly, haha. Also the last picture I'll take from the old house! AHHHH!


•How far along?: 27 weeks -- the THIRD TRIMESTER! I said to Josh last night..."Ya know, there are NO more trimesters after this one!"  

•How big is baby?: The baby is now around 14 1/2 inches and over 2 pounds.. or the size of a head of cauliflower. Either way, the baby is BIG!

•Weight gain: I gained 1.4 pounds on Friday.. I'm officially up 26.2 pounds. I'm about 3 pounds above where I should be. Wah.  

Maternity clothes?: All maternity pants, mostly normal shirts.  


.•Sleep?:  On & off insomnia -- I'm getting used to less & less sleep.    

•Food cravings?: Bagels, eggs, cheese, ice cream, chick fil a.  

•Gender?: My darling. 

•Stretch marks?: Bio oil. All day. All night. Keep them AWAY!


•Movement?: Did you see the video below?? My girly is a punching machine! :)  

•Labor signs?: nope!


Belly button in or out?: In but so funny looking. 

•What I miss: I'm feeling good!! I miss having no back pain but otherwise doing well. 

•Milestone: THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!!!! "If born today, baby has an 85% chance of survival..." -- pretty amazing.

1 comment:

  1. your belly cant be any more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete