My little family!

My little family!

Monday, February 7, 2011

The week of the house.

This week has been insane.
Pregnancy-wise, it's been fabulous. I am feeling great and looking forward to the 3rd trimester which is only a few weeks away!!
However..
it's been extremely stressful as far as the house-hunt is concerned.
Here is the story....
  • Josh & I fell in love with two houses.
  • One had a (slight) edge over the other so we bid on it one week ago.
  • By Thursday, they countered our offer with a number we didn't want to pay. We decided the other house was ours and we placed our bid on that Thursday morning.
  • By Friday, we hadn't heard from house # 2 yet, however we heard back from house # 1 saying they DO want to sell and are willing to come closer to our offer price. Josh & I, confused, decided to wait to hear from house # 2.
  • (Are you with me so far....??)
  • By Friday night, we heard from house # 2 who countered with an offer a bit higher then we expected and we decided we would go back to house # 1. We put our counter-offer in and waited.
  • By Saturday/Sunday, we find out that house # 1 is again unsure and may not want to sell for the price we want...they continue to play mind games with us to this very moment! By last night, with no solid answer in sight, we decide to give them an ultimatum. They have until 12:00 PM today to decide if they want to sell, otherwise we will be accepting House # 2's bid and moving forward.

UHHHHHHH.

This has been hectic, frustrating and overall not very fun... in addition to dealing with selling our current home, inspections, changes and more... it's all very insane! We also need to pack our entire house and figure out when we will move into the new house. Did I mention we sell our current house on March 30th? Did I also mention it's already February 7th?

holy moly.

  
(And when I get so overwhelmed and pregnancy hormones take over and I cry into my mommy's lap like I did last night prior to having 15 people over for the Superbowl) - I look at this and it makes me happy)

October 8th - our big fat positive pregnancy test!!!!!

hahaha.. clearly it's 6:00 AM in this picture and I'm sleepy and fake smiling. 22 weeks!


•How far along?: 22 weeks! Very bizarre how fast time is going this trimester (opposite of last trimester!) I am in my 6th month now which is so confusing, still. haha.

•How big is baby?: The baby is now a PAPAYA!! So cute!!! I can't wait to see how much she weighs at her next ultrasound on February 24th!

•Weight gain: The biggest anxiety I've felt thus far is related to weight gain. I'm now up 17.6 pounds which is the HIGH end of the chart -- I'm basically just on track to gain the higher end of the weight spectrum. I gained another 2.8 pounds this week. I don't know why this is happening but there is nothing I can but continue to make healthy choices. I started my pre-natal yoga DVD finally and really enjoyed it. I can't exercise otherwise so this will have to work. I really want to find a class to join - looking to start that ASAP!  

•Sleep?:  Feeling pretty good in this department. I still wake up often to pee and think about various things (nursery, house buying, packing, money, vacations, food...) - haha.  

•Food cravings?: Still hungry all the time. I crave orange juice, grapes, meat, Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. Nothing too weird.  
•Gender?: Girly bits. 
•Stretch marks?: So far, so good.

•Milestone: I think Josh feeling peanut move is a milestone!!! :) 

Belly button in or out?: Still in. We will see how long!

•What I miss: I miss being able to exercise. I also miss not gaining weight every week. There, I said it.


•Movement?: LOVE THIS! Josh FINALLY got to feel her yesterday.. as I type this, she's moving all around:)  
•Labor signs?: nope!

Maternity clothes?: All pants. When I'm in lose shirts, no one can tell I'm pregnant which is annoying (haha). So I've been wearing more fitted tops and feeling better about myself!  

1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT THAT BELLY!!!!!!!!!!! I want to rub it! AH. Love every minute being pregnant. I miss it so so so so much! Don't stress about the weight gain. Your body will handle only what it can in terms of weight and you'll lose a bunch as soon as she's here. BFing also helps TONS. Just keep eating healthy calories and remember it's for the greater good! xoxoxoxox

    Good luck with the houses. The one you are supposed to have will come to you!!!!!

    P.s. the first time joe felt layla, he was sleeping on my tummy and she kicked him in the head :D lol

    ReplyDelete