My little family!

My little family!

Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Happiest Valentine’s Day!!!!

It's been a fabulous week, minus the continuing house saga. We STILL don't know where we will live come March 30th but we hope to know by tonight or tomorrow. The anxiety was stress of it all was taking its toll on me so I decided to release it all, let it go and just see what happens. I've felt much better since making that decision (yesterday).

I started with a few new fun pregnancy symptoms... the major being heartburn. It's getting worse although it's not bad enough (yet) for me to take any medicine for it. I have been drinking organic soy chocolate milk which seems to help.

This weekend, Josh's sister Sydney visited from South Florida. We had a really lovely weekend - the weather is (finally) starting to warm up and it was nice to spend some time outside! On Saturday, we went skiing along with Kim, Michael, Abbey (who is 3 and an amazing skier!), Melanie & Eric -- I wasn't allowed to ski so I staying in the lodge. I miss skiing a lot and can't wait for next winter to hit the slopes!! We also bought LJE her "coming home outfit" from the hospital - an adorable dress from Target. Josh & I picked it out together and although I'm sure I'll find 100 outfits that I like better, for now -- this is the clear winner!

My mom found our changing table on clearance at Target for $19.99 (down from $80) so she bought us two! I'm so excited to have the nursery put together. We are painting the walls a pale pink and the bedding is chocolate brown and white polka dots with pale pink sheets :)

We have our 4 week check up on Wednesday - always love these. It's so fun to hear the heartbeat!! :)


Hope you all have a great week!!! And feel lots of love today :)


My belly, my love!

•How far along?: 23 weeks.... we're almost at a very good and exciting point in the pregnancy. From here on out, the rate of survival due to pre-mature labor goes up & up! (God forbid)



•How big is baby?: The baby is now the size of a HARRY POTTER BOOK! Hahaha... no joke, that's what a website I read, says. The baby should be around 11 1/2 inches long and weighing about 1 pound. I have an ultrasound next Thursday; I'm excited to see how much she has gained!
•Weight gain: You won't believe me that I am trying to eat healthy and not go crazy but in one week I gained 4.2 pounds. I'm not joking. I don't get it. Apparently I am NOT one of those mothers who only gain 25-35 pounds... I'm coming to terms with this. I'm now up 21.8 pounds. At least I'm being honest with everyone about this, haha. 


•Movement?: My girl is a dancer!! Everyone is getting the chance to feel her move... this weekend I forced my best friend Melanie's hand on my belly and she got to feel a swift kick :) Peanut also had hiccups last week (I think) for the first time... so so cool.  
•Milestone: Entering the last few weeks of the 2nd trimester, I seriously cannot believe how fast time is going!!

 
•Food cravings?: Salads (which give me heartburn), fruit, decaf coffee, orange juice, cheesecake.  


•Stretch marks?: I found my first official this morning. Praying it's the one and only. Perhaps it just got lost and will find its family and leave me.



•Gender?: Little lady.


 Maternity clothes?: All pants. I am in my best friend's wedding on March 19th and tried on the dress yesterday for the first time... I ordered it literally 4 sizes bigger than normal and I'm glad because it's huge everywhere BUT in the belly area!! It's almost fitting me perfectly and it's still a little less than 5 weeks until the wedding. Fingers crossed it fits! 

.•Sleep?:  I was up from 3-4 AM last night thinking of everything. But all in all, not too bad! 



Belly button in or out?: Seriously waiting for this to pop. 


•What I miss: Knowing where I'll live after March 30th (ha - not funny).



•Labor signs?: nope! 17 weeks to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment