My little family!

My little family!

Monday, February 28, 2011

25 weeks!

A short and sweet entry because I'm recovering from a stinky stomach virus that took over my body on Friday night. Prior to that, I had a bad cold but otherwise felt okay... then boom, Friday night hit and I was a mess. I'll spare you the details, but needless to say I haven't been able to eat much more then bread and bananas (and a lot of Gatorade). I'm pushing through. Every time I think I'm feeling better, I end up feeling worse a few minutes later.. I'm home from work today sleeping and drinking and sleeping some more.. I hope to get back to work tomorrow. 

We had an ultrasound last week - the baby looked great (weighing a whopping 1 pound, 8 ounces and a heart rate of 150 bbm) - I still have placenta previa so I need to go back in another 4 weeks for another ultrasound. The tech said they'll let me go to 36/37 weeks before scheduling a C-Section so we have about 3 more ultrasound to go, hopefully it'll resolve itself.

Next week, I have my glucose screening test -- hoping I pass.

No news is good news on the home front - carpets are picked out, the tiles for the fireplace are picked out, paint colors are dancing in my head and we're hoping to make settlement on  March 25th. I'm really nervous because I had hoped we'd have 1/3 of the house packed this weekend - I suppose worse comes to worse, we hire packers and avoid the stress and anxiety but I'm trying to avoid that. 

OK..off to drink and sleep some more. 
Hope everyone had a good week!

25 weeks. 

Front view, first time (ignore the messy hair and sick face)

•How far along?: 25 weeks. I keep thinking about how after 37 weeks, I'm considered full term - which could mean that in 12 weeks, Miss LJE could be sitting next to me on the sofa right now.

•How big is baby?: The baby is now an EGGPLANT!  Per my email, she's over 13 1/2 inches. That's huge. And crazy.

•Weight gain: I finally evened out -- I only gained 0.6 pounds this past week. Here's hoping for a few weeks of barely-there weight gains.  

Maternity clothes?: All pants. I bought an adorable maternity dress for Shari's bridal shower and Laura's rehearsal dinner - I hope I don't look like a house when I wear it.


.•Sleep?:  I can't stop sleeping, thanks to this awful virus.  

•Food cravings?:  Food is my enemy the past few days - just trying to drink as much Gatorade as possible.

•Gender?:  I love my girl.

•Stretch marks?: I search my belly everyday, lol. 


•Movement?: Lots and lots.. it's what keeps me motivated through the aches and pains.   

•Labor signs?: nope!


Belly button in or out?: Still in. Barely. 

•What I miss: Feeling good. I am so nervous I'm going to feel like this the rest of the pregnancy, which I know is insane... i have a virus but somehow can't help but remember the awful 1st trimester.

•Milestone: Making it through my first stomach virus of the 2nd trimester (I also had one the 1st trimester) -- let's pray it doesn't return for the 3rd!

1 comment:

  1. Aww court!! So sorry you aren't feeling well! So cute she weighs 1.8 lbs!! Your belly looks adorable!! Glad you are making progress with house, and hoping you will be feeling better soon. Hang tough, miss you lots, is there a FL trip planned anytime soon? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete