My little family!

My little family!

Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

As sad as I am to see 2010 come to an end (the best year of my life, to date...including planning and marrying my very best friend on April 24th, lots of traveling to South Florida, the birth of my beautiful nephew, Andrew, our long vacation to Disney World, my first hospital stay thanks to vital meningitis, becoming better at my job, turning 27... and of course finding out we are pregnant!!), I'm so very excited to see what this new year has in store.

Last Wednesday, I went for the second part of my sequential screening (no ultrasound this time, just bloodwork) - afterwards, Josh & I were Atlantic City bound for a 3 day stay at Harrahs. We had a fabulous, relaxing time and really enjoyed the mini-vacation. We did not come home millionaires but that's okay...we still have a chance at 290 million in the Mega Millions lottery! haha!

Friday night (New Years Eve) - we headed to my sister & brother-in-law's house for a really fun, relaxing new year's eve. Unfortunately, this preggo was fast asleep on the sofa by 10:30 PM but woke up just in time to see Phish ring in the new years on TV and kiss my hubby.

Saturday, I basically spent the day in bed thanks to a huge wave of nausea. I blame it on lots of spinach dip and lack of an early bedtime the night prior.

Here's hoping for a fabulous and fun 2011...!!


17 weeks. Getting rounder!
 
 
•How far along?: 17 weeks today! The baby can now hear noises and voices and can jump when they are startled by a loud noise. I hope the peanut loves my singing!!!

•How big is baby?: The baby is now an ONION!! YUM! 6-1/2 inches long and weighs about 4 ounces.

•Weight gain: We were in Atlantic City on Friday (my normal weigh-in day) so we'll have to wait until Friday to see...something tells me the cookies, cakes and bagel consumption is starting to take it's toll ;) Back to normal, less sugar-consumed days now that the holidays are over.

•Stretch marks?: I practically bathe in bio-oil everyday in hopes it will keep these suckers away!
 
Maternity clothes?: All maternity pants, all the time - still wearing normal shirts.

•Sleep?: Other then having to pee every 46 seconds, my sleep habits are getting better each night. I feel like I'm officially done with insomnia for a while, phew!
 
•Food cravings?: Cheese. I love string cheese.

•Gender?: 2 weeks from Wednesday until we know if we're painting the nursery blue or pink! (Not really.. we're probably painting it cream, haha).

•Movement?: More & more I feel little flutters... like popcorn popping? It's AMAZING.
 
•Labor signs?: NO WAY JOSE! ;)

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: Not too much! I am feeling fairly good - my back is constantly sore but I'm learning to cope!
 
•Milestone: We are now in the year of the baby!!! So excited for what 2011 has to bring!! 

2 comments:

  1. Court, I am so so so excited for you and Josh! :) I also totally know how you feel about 2011- it made our wedding seem really real and I can only imagine what it'll be like for you and the little peanut! Best wishes! - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share with you that i went to the chiropractor today. he is a family friend of ours so I trust him. Best decision ever. I would highly recommend it for your back pain. But don't just google someone, ask around :)

    Side note: thats so awesome you feel fluteries!! Im so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete