My little family!

My little family!

Monday, January 31, 2011

21 weeks.. wowza.

Miss LJE... 20 weeks, 3 days
What a fabulous (albeit, insane) past week this has been. Last Thursday, I had my level 2 ultrasound to determine everything was okay with our peanut. At our anatomy scan, the doctor noticed a couple of things but all in all, we're very lucky and our little girl is very healthy. I have a condition called partial placenta previa (if you're bored) -- it's nothing too serious but I am slightly restricted. Pelvic rest, no lifting over 10 pounds, no exercise.. basically, taking it easy and being careful. I have a follow-up ultrasound in 4 weeks. The end result is a possible C-Section - not the worst! I just have to remind myself to take it easy sometimes (especially with the lifting) but overall, I am very happy that our level 2 ultrasound only yielded this result. Josh was very sick last week so my sister came with me to my ultrasound - both the technician and the doctor was extremely nice. The baby was moving all over the place and looked amazing.

In other England news - we have officially sold our house! The home inspection went well. We will get the report today but other then some minor fixes, we're moving forward. It's amazing and exciting. Josh & I spent the last week on a major house search - we have narrowed it down to two and I hope to have our final decision by mid-week. It's pretty intense as the two houses are very different (in size, price, etc.) but KNOW wherever we end up will be the right place for us! They're both single home on quiet side streets with huge backyards. Perfect for us! We will be out of our house by the end of March -- so insane. And sad... I love our townhouse!!!

I am feeling good. Really, really good. Other then severe back pain from time to time, this trimester has been a blessing. I've been able to truly enjoy being pregnant and will miss it very much!!

A few side notes -
1 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND, RACHEL!!!
2 - I'm sick of all this snow, every week. It's been an insane winter and I'm ready for SPRING!
3 - While I feel like I look pregnant all the time, I have yet to have a stranger ask me about it... which makes me think I still look like I'm just chubby - ha ha.
4 - I can't stop thinking about the turmoil in Egypt. Very scary & upsetting.
5 - I have the best husband in the world. Hands down. :)


21 weeks!
 •How far along?: 21 weeks and loving the 2nd trimester!! 133 days to go.. so crazy! 

•How big is baby?: The baby is now a BANANA!! As I eat a banana every morning, this is crazy to me! At our last ultrasound, the baby was a whopping 12 ounces! 

•Weight gain: I gained 2.6 pounds these past two weeks. I am now up 14.8 pounds. UHHHHHHHHH! That's just ... well. Crazy. What can I do except continue to eat healthy and know that I'll lose it post-baby? :)  

Maternity clothes?: All pants. I am ready to wear dresses as they're the most comfy... hence needing the warmer weather! 


.•Sleep?:  Not too bad!! Thanks to breathe-right strips for Josh and my cat's learning to sleep more soundly, I'm doing well in this department. I have some of the weirdest dreams EVER but that's about it.   

•Food cravings?: FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I'm hungry all the stinkin' time.  

•Gender?: LJE is a GIRL!! (confirmed again at the last ultrasound...) 

•Stretch marks?: Bio oil. All day. All night. Keep them AWAY!


•Movement?: Yup! Lots and lots... no solid kicks yet. I wish Josh could feel her but every time I throw his hand on my belly, she stops moving!! Hoping this week she gives him a solid punch :)  

•Labor signs?: nope!


Belly button in or out?: Still in. We will see how long!

•What I miss: NOTHINGGGGGGG! :) I'm becoming obsessed with my registry at babies-r-us making sure everything I get for the baby is the safest and the best.. it's very time consuming! But apparently this is common and I don't miss a thing.

•Milestone: I am now in the home stretch.... so crazy!! 133 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment