My little family!

My little family!

Monday, January 17, 2011

19 weeks!

Hi everyone!!!

They aren't kidding when they say the 2nd trimester is the best. I've been feeling REALLY good (besides bouts of nausea and exhaustion here & there...) - my energy levels are better each day and I overall just feel happy & healthy.

Josh has been in Key West since Thursday for our dear friends bachelor party (congrats Clay & Scott!) - I miss him terribly but I've caught up on naps and laundry, so that's good I suppose! I'm ready for him to be home (tomorrow!)

Saturday, I spent the day with my best friend, Rachel... we had manicures & pedicures (well needed, felt amazing...) and we later went to the bridal store where she bought her wedding dress! It was so exciting - she looked spectacular and I can't wait for her special day. That night, 5 of my favorite women and myself went out to dinner to start the celebration of Rachel's birthday.. it was a fabulous night and my insane appetite made me eat everything in sight. We went to Seasons 52 which was yummy and healthy, so I didn't feel (too) guilty!

Wednesday is our anatomy scan... FINALLY!!! I am so excited. I pray that everything measures great and the baby is healthy and happy. I also hope to confirm the gender... we are 90% sure but hoping to get that 100% confirmation!!

Thursday, I'm going to Key West to celebrate my dear friend Laura's bachelorette party (Clay's soon-to-be wife!) - I'm very excited!! I can't wait to get out of the cold and have a blast with some amazing women... I hope I continue to feel good so I can have fun (minus drinking!) -- it should be a blast and I'll post a couple of pictures if I can! I'm a little nervous to fly alone but I'll be sure to drink lots of water and walk around the plane a couple of times (important when pregnant!)

(On a side note... we received a bid on our house this past weekend. It wasn't on the market but a couple loved our development and actually loved our house, go figure!! We countered their offer and we're waiting to hear... if this works out, I'll be about 32 weeks when we move, ahhhhhhhh! This makes me SO nervous because I was all ready to set up the nursery in our current house, but that may be put on hold...we shall see! It's funny how things happen, isn't it?)

So that's that.... I'll see everyone next week with a bit of a tan (maybe?) and an announcement of the baby's sex, I hope! Say a prayer for a healthy anatomy scan!



19 weeks, my belly is there but I am ready for it to be huge... !!


•How far along?: 19 weeks!!! 1 more week until half way there, woooooo!


.•How big is baby?: The baby is now a LARGE MANGO!! About 6 inches long and around 7 ounces in weight... imagine a cute little 6-inch subway sub, mmm! ;)  

•Weight gain: I am now up 12.2 pounds.. I gained an additional 1.6 the week prior. I've over being sad about it. Clearly baby needs me to gain weight. I'm eating healthy, I'm feeling good and I'll lose it post-baby! ;)  

Maternity clothes?: All maternity pants, regular shirts (for now!) 


.•Sleep?: Insomnia is haunting me...again. Rah. I wake up often to use the potty and end up staying up, tossing and turning.   

•Food cravings?: Shrimp. So, so weird. Cheese. And cookies, duh.  

•Gender?: Wednesday is the day... we now know 90% what the sex is, I hope to get confirmation at our anatomy scan!!

•Stretch marks?: I bathe in bio-oil and can only pray...haha.

•Movement?: YES! More & more, everyday.. especially in the morning. Lots of tossing and turning, I love it!! I can't wait for some solid kicks so Josh can feel them :)

•Labor signs?: Negative!

•Belly button in or out?: In. But it feels SO weird.. I feel like it's going to pop out randomly one day.

•What I miss: JOSH! haha.. he's been gone since  Thursday and I miss him dearly.

•Milestone: In a bunch of my books, it says today i s actually halfway there... I suppose because baby can be born anytime after 38 weeks! It's very exciting!! 

1 comment:

  1. I see a bump!!! YAY! I totally craved shrimp too!!!!

    ReplyDelete