My little family!

My little family!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello 2nd trimester!!

So, here we are at week 13. A very exciting place to be as we are officially in the 2nd trimester! (Per some standards..others say not until 13 weeks, 3 days and even others say 14 weeks...but I'll go by my first book which said that December 5th was the first day of my second trimester). I'm not seeing much relief from nausea & exhaustion (yet) but keeping my fingers crossed this happens over the next couple of weeks. I have started making a list of things that need to get done in the house over the next 6 months and I'll need a lot of energy to complete that list!

On Wednesday, December 1st - Josh, my mom & I went for my sequential screening ultrasound. It's a combination of blood work and ultrasound to find out the probability of having a baby with an abnormality. I was nervous going in but ended up loving every second of it! They would only let one adult come back with me (Josh won, sorry mama..) - they took us early (which was great because I had to have a full bladder, ow!) The ultrasound technician was so sweet and kind. She made us feel very comfortable and as soon as she began, we saw our little peanut! It was waving it's arms and legs all over the place, jumping everywhere, and so very active! I loved it so much - the tech said everything looked great (phew!) but we'll get the results at our next doctor's appointment on December 16th.

Time is just flying by -- it felt really slow for a while but now that the holidays are here, the days and weeks are in fast forward. When I think that in 6 months, our little bean will be with us, I smile and realize how truly lucky we are.


13 weeks!

•How far along?: 13 weeks!!! Little teeth and vocal cords are forming!

.•How big is baby?: The baby is now a PEACH!!!!

•Weight gain: As of Friday, I'm up 4.2 pounds.. thanks to bagels for every meal, ha! From here on out, I'm supposed to gain approximately 1 pound per week.  

Maternity clothes?: While I'm not officially in maternity clothes everyday, my regular jeans are becoming less & less comfortable. Shirts are still fine, so far.


.•Sleep?: Still not sleeping great.. up several times throughout the night. This weekend, I bought a snoogle - a huge maternity body pillow. It helps a bit with back pain (and is really comfy to use) but my lack of sleep is getting harder and harder.

•Food cravings?: The nausea makes it hard.. edamame is a craving, along with pineapple. It seems lettuce and red sauce cause me to feel worse, yet I keep eating both. Dumb..

•Gender?: With a heartbeat of 160 (again), I'm almost 100% it's a girl. We will find out in mid-January.

•Stretch marks?: None.

•Movement?: Negative.

•Labor signs?: Negative!

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: Other then feeling healthy, NOTHING!!  :)

•Milestone: Our second ultrasound was just incredible - nothing is better then seeing your little baby wave at you!! :)


12 weeks, 2 days!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment