My little family!

My little family!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Feeling NORMAL! ;)

Hi everyone!

First & foremost, I wanted to thank you all for reading. I figured out how to check the stats on this blog and am astounded by the numbers of hits it gets per day - we're so beyond lucky to have so much love for our little growing family!

SO - here we are, 15 weeks. Last Tuesday (14 weeks, 1 day) - I woke up feeling pretty good. Nausea at bay and a little more energy. I was nervous to admit this out loud (for fear it would jinx it).  We went out that night for our weekly dinner with my sister, brother-in-law, niece & nephew. We decided on Mexican -- as soon as we got there, I couldn't eat fast enough. My appetite was back! AND better then ever. I smiled and stuffed my face. This was just the beginning... the past 6 days, I've felt better & better each day! The nausea is (almost) a distant memory. The fatigue is still here but my energy level is slowly rising. Other then persistent lower back pain, I'm feeling pretty good! AHHHH! SO.. this is what the 2nd trimester bliss is supposed to feel like. I ate like a machine this past week and despite a possible large weight gain, I'm happy with it. I've now taken to snacking on hummus and fruit and limited my sugar intake. I also will admit I had taco bell for dinner this weekend and wanted to vomit everywhere - I'll never make that mistake again.

On December 16th, I had my 4 week check-up with the doctor. Everything looked great! We finally got to hear baby's heartbeat with the Doppler (it took a few minutes but then we heard the sweet gallop) - it was a solid 154 beats per minute. The doctor said everything was looking good and to keep up with whatever I was doing - success! We also made our anatomy ultrasound appointment... this is the day we'll get to answer the ultimate question... boy or girl! January 19th - can't wait!!

On Saturday, my sister & I went for massages - I had my first maternity massage and it CERTAINLY will not be my last - it was magical. I laid on my side (with a heated body pillow!) and it was perfect. I plan on getting another one sometime in February!

15 weeks. I officially no longer have a (semi) flat tummy anymore... bring on the baby bump! ;)

•How far along?: 15 weeks!! Baby's legs are out-measuring his/her arms for the first time. NICE!

•How big is baby?: The little bean is now a NAVAL ORANGE!

•Weight gain: HA! Well - I weigh myself every Friday. I was nervous for this past Friday (thanks to a week full of fattening and yummy goodness) - when I step on my scale, it flashes LOW BATTERY then SHUTS OFF! SO.. I wasn't able to weigh myself. Blah. We'll try again this Friday. Maybe it was a blessing?

•Stretch marks?: None but I'm getting to be really itchy...belly, legs, back, all of it. Lotion is the only thing that seems to help.

Maternity clothes?: Yes. My jeans still fit but not comfortable anymore - I have been using the bellyband, the rubber band trick or just keeping them unbuttoned (shh!) but my two pairs of maternity pants are much more comfortable. Shirts are still fine.


•Sleep?: I'm finally starting to sleep through the night a little easier. The snoogle body pillow helps.

•Food cravings?: Everything bagels and cream cheese, pineapple, humus and pita, clementine oranges.

•Gender?: 1 month from yesterday until we find out!! Girl seems to be the consensus amongst the family. Even Josh admitted he thinks it's a girl ;)

•Movement?: NOOOO. I keep thinking I do but then whatever I felt vanishes..I'm on movement alert though.

•Labor signs?: 25 more weeks baby, keep on cookin'!

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: NOTHING -- I'm so glad to feel a little better. I wish I looked pregnant instead of fat but I know this will come with time! I do miss going to the gym and I'm hoping to get back on the train this week. 

•Milestone: We have made our anatomy ultrasound appointment.. this is a big milestone and I can't wait to see our little nugget again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment