My little family!

My little family!

Monday, December 27, 2010

4 months, grow baby grow!

So, here we are...
 
another week, another blog, and I have a feeling -- before we know it -- our baby peanut will be sitting next to me on the sofa!!
 
We had a great week -- spent a lot of time with family and friends enjoying the holidays. It was my 12th year (I think?) going to my friend Karen Connor's house on Christmas Eve. It's amazing to see our group grow and include new friends and husbands :) It was so bizarre to think that next year, the baby will be with us - amazing feeling.
 
I have felt pretty good this week -- my energy is slowly returning, along with headaches, back pain and a bit of nausea ;) I'm dealing and excited to feel better and better everyday.
 
We had our first major snow storm last night - 12 inches! It's beautiful and I'm lucky to be able to work from home today.
 
We got our first piece of baby furniture this weekend as well - Matt & Danielle were awesome enough to give us a changing table for our basement. It's adorable and I can't wait to fill it with newborn diapers and lotions and baby wipes :) The baby also has 3 books to go in it's library (thanks Danielle & Heather!!) and I'm beginning to seriously think about how I want to set up the nursery.
 
So many exciting things to come..... bring on 2011!
 

16 weeks. Please excuse the bad picture but it's official.. My bump is starting to round out (albeit a little lumpy...!) :)

•How far along?: 16 weeks today! 4 months...insane. Just insane! Time was SO slow in the 1st trimester but now it's getting back to normal zoom speed. The baby is beginning to get hair & eyelashes..I wonder if he/she will be blond or brunette!

•How big is baby?: The baby is now a LARGE avocado!! 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

•Weight gain: With my scale back in order, I am officially up 6.2 pounds. (I gained a solid 3 pounds the past 2 weeks thanks to feeling better!) I'm exactly where I need to be, weight wise. From here on out, I'm supposed to gain approximately 1 pound per week.

•Stretch marks?: I'm beginning to notice these puppies slightly. I'm pretending it's not happening.
 
Maternity clothes?: I'm just about officially in maternity jeans all the times - I can still use my belly band but it's not as comfortable. My sister in law, Heather, gifted me with two pairs of her own maternity jeans which is amazing!

•Sleep?: So, so. My back pain wakes me up often (along with the urge to use the potty every 3 seconds) but it's better then it was in the 1st trimester.
 
•Food cravings?: I had my first official craving last week... shrimp cocktail! Bizarre, I know! I woke up thinking about it and couldn't stop. Josh ran out to the grocery store that night and I ate 16 of them. They were divine.

•Gender?: Just another 3 weeks and a couple of days until we find out! I'm still fairly certain it's a girl!

•Movement?: I'm JUST starting to feel little flutters.. I can't tell if it's baby yet but according to my books, last week I could have felt baby--I'm waiting for a solid kick!

•Labor signs?: Nope..stay in there for another 5 months nugget.

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: Nothing. Even with the random bout of nausea, extreme lower back pain and daily headaches, I'm happy to have more energy and feel better then I did. I'm just so excited.
 
•Milestone: We are officially 4 months along...this is a huge milestone and baby is growing more and more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment