My little family!

My little family!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 9 and feeling fine...ish.

Hello and welcome to week 9!!

Things have been decent this week (symptom-wise) - my exhaustion is bad but my nausea MAY be getting better...? Either that or my eating every 23 minutes is helping. I think I'm starting to see light at the end of the 1st trimester tunnel!!


Today was my first appointment with my OBGYN. I made this appointment the day I took my pregnancy test (1 month ago!) so I've been looking forward to this day for a while. The appointment went really well, although very boring. I met with a very sweet maternity nurse who took my weight, blood pressure and asked several questions regarding medial history. I was hoping for an ultrasound or heartbeat, but no such luck -- the good news is my next appointment (next Thursday!) we WILL get to hear the heartbeat!! I'm SO so excited to hear the sweet sound -- Josh is able to come with me so it'll be a fabulous day. 


We will have our first ultrasound between weeks 10-13 (I called to schedule the appointment and will hopefully hear back tomorrow) - it's called a sequential screening and it tests for various things (including Downs Syndrome, etc) - hopefully it's easy breezy and reveals the first pictures of our gorgeous little baby!! 


We will have an additional ultrasound around week 20 (mid-January) to find out the sex of the baby - I'm so torn. Some days I swear it's a boy and others I'm convinced it's a little lady! Either way, we're so very excited. I have began talking to the baby when I'm driving (it's therapeutic even if I look insane while doing it..) and I'm so excited. 31 more weeks to go!!

9 weeks! Saying goodbye to any abdominal muscles I once had ;)




•How far along?: 9 weeks!!! The little embryo is now officially a fetus!!

•How big is baby?: The baby is now a GRAPE or GREEN OLIVE!! The baby is an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. How cute!!

•Weight gain: I'm up about 2 1/2 pounds and beginning to not care. The only thing that helps the nausea is food so I eat. I haven't been to the gym in over 2 weeks but we'll get back on track in that department soon.

•Stretch marks?: None.

Maternity clothes?: I am beginning to notice my jeans feeling less then comfortable...I think it's baby bloat but either way, it's not very ideal. I wonder when I'll make the switch to maternity? I'm thinking about investing in the belly band.

•Sleep?: Still pretty bad.. I'm up several times a night and napping during the day but I'm sleepy all the time.

•Food cravings?: None really.. each meal is different. I always want peanut butter (my sister & I are addicted) and even that hasn't sounded appealing. Geesh.

•Gender?: I don't knowww. I switch everyday. I can't wait to find out!

•Movement?: Negative.

•Labor signs?: Negative!

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: Nothing. I'm so excited, I could BURST!! 

•Milestone: The first (of many..) appointments today!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! Just stumbled across your blog! Good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court! I started one of these too. I'm horrible at updating though, you are so on your game lol. It's called caffeine-free V :)

    ReplyDelete