Let's get right to it because I have lots to do.... but no ambition to do any of them.
1. First and foremost, today starts my 2018 goal - get on board because it's going to be EXCITING. I've named it something clever because I'm such a clever gal. Not really. The official title? 35 BY 35....as in, I'm officially to rid myself of this extra weight I've been carrying around like a backpack for far too long. I turn 35 on September 21st which is just about 5 / month fore the next 7 months. It seems easy enough but truth be told I've packed on an additional 10 pounds in this past year alone and I'm just embarrassed and feel bad about myself, daily. The tools I will be using are Weight Watchers and a new gym. I LOVE Orange Theory but I'm only about to go to 8 classes per month which is just not cutting in. I'll be joining L.A. Fitness in the hopes my new routine will really spice up my world and allow some of the weight to come off. I'm going to try to post every Friday with updates.
2. We just got back from a nice, long weekend away. Layla had 3 days off of school for teacher planning / President's Day, so a while back I worked it out with my in-laws. They had been requesting a parent's free trip to Disney World with the kids (As in - Josh & I weren't invited which was totallyyyyyy fine by me!). They had the very best time in Disney (so much so that we're already planning our next trip to Mickey's House in January of 2019 for Benny's 6th birthday!) While they were running around my college town of Orlando, Josh & I were on a cruise-ship! It was my first (and last..) time cruising. Short of sounding like a big, fat complainer I'll just say I really disliked it. I had a panic attack the first night on the boat - I think it was a combination of the rocking of the boat with the fear of the unknown mixed with claustrophobia - the only thing that calmed me down was literally climbing into bed and shutting my eyes. I woke up much better but the whole thing couldn't have ended quick enough. Normally on a vacation, I found myself wishing time would slow down and wishing we had booked an extra night. With this? I was just waiting for it all to be over. I didn't like the ship, the room (BASICALLY SLEEPING IN A CLOSET), the schedule (you're on the boat's timeline, not your own), the ports (I liked the first day which was the ship's private in the Bahamas) but I felt like Nassau wasn't very exciting, the food wasn't very good (except we managed to eat - a lot). Our boat was all you can drink so I did enjoy the wine at dinner and the mudslides when I felt like it - I'm not a big drinker so this wasn't exciting for me. I had high hopes of laying by the pool and reading but in fact, the pool deck was crowded and gross and felt just - blah. The best part of the cruise was the company - we went with our best friends from college and it was really great spending so much time with them. I also enjoyed completely unplugging (NO cell phone for 4 days) and I loved the hot stone massage I got on the last full day. Are you a cruiser?? What am I missing?
3. The Parkland school shooting hit me like a ton of bricks. We were flying to Florida when the news flashed across the screen (we flew Jet Blue which as TVs). A few years back, we seriously considered a move to Florida, specifically Parkland. It all felt too familiar. The aftermath of this particular shooting has opened up the floodgates in the best way possible. The teenagers fighting the good fight for gun reform make me so hopeful.
4. I know at least 12 pregnant women - including several close friends. I'm so excited for all of them and also wondering why I'm not feeling the jealousy I usually do? I'm starting to become comfortable with the thought of 2 children and it makes me sad.
5. I'm obsessed with The Greatest Showman. The movie, the music, the story... ALL OF IT. We are constantly blasting the soundtrack and Layla has decided to rent out our local movie theatre to show the movie for her 7th birthday. We are just addicted.
Watch this and see why we're obsessed!
........ ok, that's it folks. See you next Friday - hopefully down a few pounds ;)